Thursday, January 8, 2015

Do you Believe in Reincarnation?

Lang Leav is one of my favorite poets. I tend to find poets online instead of actual books and I then proceed to actually buying their books. Poetry is amazing in the way how so many people can relate to just a couple of words.

As soon as I finished reading this poem, I knew that it was about about past lives and new lives to come, all ending and starting with your loved one. Obviously, I'm a huge romantic. I enjoy reading about love and all it comes with.

I think that Lang does a great job in expressing her feelings. First she compares the love to stardust and using space and sand, which are all used as obstacles between her and her loved one. Yet, none of these obstacles are big enough to actually keep them apart and destroy their connection.

The last stanza basically empowers love in all it's aspects. Love is the ultimate power. You'll loose everything, but not love. It's your only companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment